This post should have been posted last week.. but we have just had so much going on, then ended the week last week with quite a scare. On Thursday of last week about 6 am I woke up with some pain in my back and my stomach kept tighting really tight and then would stop, after this happened a few times in a row I had Isaac start timing them, becuase I assumed I was having contractions. They were about every 5-10 minutes apart for about an hour and then seemed toslow down and not be so regular. I had a dentist appt that morning and didnt have to be to work right away so I took my time getting ready and went to the dentist afterwards stopped for breakfast and headed to work. I started noticing that they were getting closer together again. Once I got to work and started tracking them they were about 3-4 minutes apart. I made a call to my Doctor after about an hour of this and they requested that I go to the hospital for monitering.
Once we got there and settled into our room, they hooked me up to the moniters and started tracking the contractions that were deffinitley very real and very regular. They wanted to try and let them go away on their own, but that wasn't happening, and about the time they decided they were going to hook me up to some fluids to see if that would help them go away, I began having very strong contractions that were only seconds apart. They decided that they were going to need to give me a shot of Terbutaline which took the contractions away immediately but made me very shaky and my heart race very fast. After I finished my bag of fluids and got the negative test results back to see if I showed signs of preterm labor. They let me go home with strict instructions to drink alot of water and just take it easy.
I keep reminding our little guy that we are very excited to meet him and we can't wait to see him, hug and kiss him. But we just aren't ready to do that yet. He still has a lot of growing left to do.
So for now you just stay in that very safe place little man, and we will see you in November.
Love <3,
Mommy
Twenty-Four Weeks
We are still in the papaya stage in size.
If he isn't already he's almost a foot long, he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment