Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Fourteen Week Belly Pic

Sorry this post is so late, We have started the official move the guest room to make it a baby room and all the fun that comes with that. What better timing after getting our new guest/office/man room done, we had some guests here from out of state. So needless to say we were pretty busy.

Fourteen Weeks
The baby is the size of a lemon.
This week's big developments: Baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and suck it's thumb! Thanks to brain impulses, facial muscles are getting a workout as its tiny features form one expression after another. The kidneys are producing urine, which releases into the amniotic fluid around it — a process that will keep up until birth. In other news: Your baby's stretching out. From head to bottom, he measures 3 1/2 inches and weighs 1 1/2 ounces. The Babys body is growing faster than its head, which now sits upon a more distinct neck. By the end of this week, the arms will have grown to a length that's in proportion to the rest of the body. (The legs still have some lengthening to do.) It's starting to develop an ultra-fine, downy covering of hair, called lanugo, all over the body.

Everything has been going well, no more morning sickness (Thank Goodness). I have been dealing with headaches and sinus congestion which is equally not as fun but thankfully there is something that I can take for relief. Just have to make sure that I eat something before hand or it will come right back up. I am beginning to wonder if the restless nights of sleep will end, but I am thinking that this is somehow just the beginning. Still feeling only the slight hints of movements, mostly only when I am very still or after I eat. We are loving Mexican food lately, I could probably eat chips and salsa every day. I am sure that will change, or I will get sick of it one.

Until next time :)


No comments:

Post a Comment