Saturday, April 24, 2010

Eleven Week Belly Pic & Ultrasound

We had our second visit to the doctor on the 19th, Since I had to change my appointment I had to see a different Midwife this time. But it really worked out great because I loved Midwife Katie as much as Midwife Donna. I am hoping to be able to alternate between them throughout the pregnancy. So that when this baby decides to come, I have my chances of getting one of the two.

I will skip all the details of this appt I am sure that you would rather not hear about and get to the fun stuff. We got to hear the babys heart beat for the first time, words can not describe how that makes you feel. It was amazing. I was hoping to get an ultrasound this appt. And I didn't even have to ask for one. When I had my exam done, Midwife Katie expressed to me that she was certain there was no way that I was 14 weeks along, and she would like to get me in for an ultrasound to verify my due date. What a relief, Whoo!

So we had to go back to the office the following morning to get the ultrasound with Tracy, and what do you know...I was right after all. However even from my original calculations we are still a few days off, but lets face it this baby will come when it is ready and I would rather be a few days off than practically a whole month.

So they have given me a due date of November 5, 2010.

And here is our little person... we really got some great shots, but I took a picture of the ultrasound with my camera so the quality isn't that good.

It looks like the baby is sucking its thumb in this one. If you look close you can almost see its little hand closed up and a thumb right at its mouth.  

And this one just cracks me up, despite all the moving it was doing in there. Tracy managed to catch this at just the right time. The baby kept stretching out and she loved that she got its little foot in this one.

Tracy measured the baby and she said that it is right at two inches long. From head to butt.
God is so amazing!



Eleven Weeks
The baby is the size of a lime.
Fingers and toes are no longer webbed, hair follicles, tooth buds and nail beds are forming.
Already busy kicking and stretching (...and it is), its tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as its body grows and becomes more developed and functional. The baby may start experiencing hiccupping due to the diaphragm is forming.

Our next appointment is May 26th.

No comments:

Post a Comment