Hello, Friends!! Welcome to 2010. Took a tad bit longer break from blogging than expected over the holiday. My new years was wonderful, I hope that yours was as well. The beginning of a year for me isn't just about making my resolutions and cleaning up from all the holiday celebrations, it's more than contimplating wether or not to take the lights off the house the coming weekend because its going to be too cold and as much as I hate to admit it is more than not wanting to take the Christams tree down because it is still green and that justifies leaving it up for that very reason.. Oh, yes it is more than all of those things but it is also is my registration deadline and the start of a new semester for me at school. So all though my break from here was long, I was getting much accomplished. I have thrown a few photos together to reflect over the last year, 2009 was a great year but I am looking foward to bigger and better things for 2010.
In January of 2009 we visited some of Isaac's Family in West Virginia. Isaac parents came along on this trip. It was pretty cold when we were there, in fact on this trip it was only my second time seeing snow.
I made my second snow man there too. He is much, much better than my first snowman which you can see for yourself in the next picture.
My snowmen have come a long way haven't they. But for your entertainment I must show you.... these snowmen are not very big. I am not sure if that is becuase I really stink at making them or after a few minutes of snowman making my fingers become numb.
See what I mean, Not very big huh!! That picture by the way, was not intended to show the actual size of the snowman, he just happen to make it into that picture. The last two pictures of snowman were not from 2009, they were taken on our Colorado trip in 2008 but I can assure you, my second snowman was not much bigger.
After we left West Virginia we made a stop in Tennessee to visit some of Isaac's parents friends there. We had such a good time visiting there.
And it is apparent in this picture that the temperature in Tenessee was not much warmer, it may not have been snowing, but it was cold enough for ice in the river.
On to our next adventure. In June, Isaac and I took our first Cruise with my Parents. We cruised with Royal Carribean and we sailed the Western Carribean.
On the first day of the Cruise you have to do a drill of what you would need to do in the event of an emergency. All though we look kind of silly in these life jackets, it is some what hard to feel that way when you are surrounded by hundreds of people wearing them too.
Our first stop on the Cruise was Key West, FL.
Beautiful Architecture.
We drove around this fun little car while we were there.
Our second stop on the Cruise was Cozemel, Mexico.
Oh and this is was our Cruise ship, This was totally not planned but if you look closely on the left of the picture this random guy there must have been waving at someone, but it looks as though he is holding up teh front of the ship.
We went on a horse riding adventure through some Myan Ruins.
This tree was at the Ranch where we went horse riding.
*WARNING*
If you have never been on a cruise before, and there is a newlywed gameshow, that hundreds of people are watching, and then they tape it and air it on the cruise ships Television for the remainder of the cruise..and very important, AND your parents are on the same cruise, and in the audience at the time the show is taking place, I CAN NOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH...DO NOT, and I repeat DO NOT do the game show. You have no idea how embarassing this is until you have truely experienced this.
And if you choose to ignore my warning and follow through with everything I have warned you not to do. To add just a little to the embarassment, try having your father join you on stage after being invited to do so by the cruise director, to take your picture. What can I say, you live and learn.
Our next stop was Belize City, Belize. If you ever have a chance to visit here you should. This place was breath taking.
We tubed on this river through this cave, It was amazing!
After we cooled off in the river, because believe it or not that water was freezing. We went Ziplining through the rain forest. That was pretty awesome too.
I do believe that we will cruise again one day. It was so much fun.
Well not all things went well in 2009. This Beautiful Family above, whom Isaac and I had grown very fond of over the last 5 years found themselves headed in a different direction, one that took them to live many miles apart from us here in Florida. We love and miss them so much, but we are glad that they are very happy to be back to the mountains, back to their roots, back to what feels a little more like home.
Love you guy's, hoping to see you sometime this year.
I hosted my first Wedding shower, for my sister. Thanks to Isaac's Mom for making the cake.
And this Lovely Couple got married in September. Hope you two are enjoying married life, and wishing you the very best for 2010.
If I shared every detail of 2009, we would be here all day and possibly all night. But a few things I wanted to sneak in without a photo. Congrats to my cousin John who graduated Highschool. Congrats to my sister for graduating from the local college with her AA in education.
And Our Family Christmas Picture to wrap it all up.
So glad to start out this year blogging for all of you to read.
Wishing all the best.
Miranda









Hey! So fun seeing your pics again! I never heard the newly-wed game show story!! Ah!!! So fun to see our pic up there, too. The guys look so little! Ry saw it and said, "I miss the beach!"
ReplyDelete