Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Newest Addition to Our Family has Arrived!

Where do I even begin? The last post that was done here was just over a month ago November 8th, and that night I went into labor. I had been having contractions that were about 10 minutes apart since 10am that morning. Since they never really progressed in intensity or got any closer together I kind of shrugged it off. I have to say I honestly didn't think it was happening. I should have known, that it would happen when I least expected it. Isaac was working (of course he would be working when I finally went into labor) and the last time I talked to him that night, he was debating on whether or not to come home since I was still having them. I assured him that I really thought that I would be fine and I was going to try and get some sleep. Well, that was at about 9pm and about an hour and a half later I woke up with the most intense pain. I have heard so many say that you will know....and you definitely know. It took two good contractions and I called him right away, it was time.
Since it would have been easier for him to just go to the hospital..rather than home and then to the hospital he just went there. I called my parents and they came and picked me up to take me to the hospital. We arrived there at 11:45pm, Isaac got there within minutes after us. Once they got me in a room and checked me I was only dilated 2cm. I was pretty sad to hear that since I had been dilated at 2cm for two weeks prior to that. They moved me to a delivery room got my I.V.'s all hooked up. Once I was settled there I got in the Jacuzzi tub which really helped me relax during contractions. I did that for about 3 hours and then got out to labor in bed. My midwife Katie arrived at 6:30am on November 9th. She checked me at that time and I was dilated to 5cm and my water was leaking. About 10:00am I was feeling pressure and Katie checked me again and I was 8cm and she went ahead and broke my water the rest of the way.. she also thought that it would be a good idea to try to use the bathroom and maybe labor for a bit more in the Jacuzzi tub. Isaac was not happy about either, he was feeling as though it was a really bad idea for a pregnant lady dilated 8cm to sit over a toilet and get in a tub of water (his words). It wasn't long after that I felt the uncontrollable urge to push. Isaac and my nurse Robyn helped me out of the tub and back into bed at about 11:00am. When Katie came to check me I was at 9.5 cm dilated and she explained that in order for me to push she was going to have to help manipulate the cervix over the baby's head. Let me tell you I am not sure that I have ever experienced anything more painful in all my life. When she could finally see the baby's head she seemed to get pretty serious standing up quickly and pushing her chair from under her. She exclaimed that he was a pretty big baby, then when he came out his cord was wrapped twice around his neck and his color was pretty bad, Isaac cut the cord and they quickly took him. It seemed like time stood still at that moment but when he let out his first good belly cry I was relieved.

At 1:18pm on Tuesday November 9th, 2010 our baby boy Eli Shane arrived.

Weighing 8lbs 5oz and was 20.5 inches long.

Proud Daddy holding his son for the first time.

 Mommy, Daddy and Baby on there way home.

A candid moment Mommy caught through the window of Daddy and Eli outside getting some sunshine.

Hanging out with Dad.

 First bath, I'm thinking he wasn't to pleased.

 That's better now isn't it.

 Already telling on Mommy to Daddy. What a bad Mommy for giving that baby a bath.

First Thanksgiving. Breaking in the camo early.

Your 1st doctors visit was November 16th, you were a week old. Your doctor is Dr. Bowling and we really like him. He said that he will probably never forget you because your name is his favorite name and you are his only patient with that name. He was so pleased with your development at a week, that you didn't have to go back until your 1 month appt. Your weight was more than your birth weight, which is great!!
Your weight was 8lbs 7 3/4oz (73%) and your length 20.5in (78%)

We love you so much Eli Shane and we are so very happy that you are finally here!
Love,
Mommy and Daddy


No comments:

Post a Comment